Attention current and prospective college students!
USClaims is giving you a chance to earn some extra money for your education with our brand new scholarship program!
USClaims wants to help current and prospective college students manage their tuition and set themselves up for a bright and successful future. This year, we will award one deserving student $1,000 toward their college education!
- Must be a US Citizen or permanent resident
- Must be currently enrolled or in enrollment process at an accredited university, college, or trade school within the United States
- Limited to one (1) entry per person
- USClaims or DRB Capital employees and their immediate families are NOT eligible for entry
Step-by-Step Scholarship Entry Process
- Draft a 800 -1100 word essay using the prompt below:
A recent survey conducted revealed that many Americans would experience some kind of anxiety if they received an unexpected bill of $500 or more. As a college student, how will you manage your finances to ensure you don’t experience this kind of anxiety? What advice would you give to help others prepare for the unexpected?
- In addition to your essay, please write a short paragraph introducing yourself. You may include interests, life milestones, your dream job, expected college major, or anything else you’d like us to know.
Please Note: This does NOT count toward the 750-1000 word count required for the essay.
- Next, you’ll need to send your essay to email@example.com. Be sure to include the information below in the body of your email:
√ Full Name
√ Date of Birth (mm/dd/yyyy)
√ Phone Number
√ Email Address
√ University, college, or trade school where you are currently enrolled or plan to enroll.
- Once the submission period has ended, our judges will review each essay and select ONE winner no later than 7/31/2020. The winner will be contacted by a USClaims representative shortly after a selection has been made.
Our judges will grade entries using a 1-5 point scale on the following criteria:
- Focus – How well did you stick to your main idea? Is it insightful and original?
- Support – How effectively did you support the ideas expressed in your essay?
- Creativity – How unique were your ideas? Did you present them in a creative way?
- Organization – Is the essay clear, organized, and easy to read?
- Style & Language – How well did you utilize style and vocabulary to enhance your essay?
- Grammar – Are there grammar, spelling, or punctuation mistakes?
- Scholarship Award Amount: $1,000
- Number of Winners Chosen: 1
- Award amount will be made out to your college or university in the form of a check and applied directly to your tuition.
- Winner will be notified by phone or email within ten (10) days of selection.